Financial & Accounting Manager
The position is responsible for leading a team of 2 to 4 personnel to effectively manage the delivery of base line accounting services and associated analysis to business units to facilitate effective business decision making and corrective action. The role requires the incumbent to strategically partner with key stake holders in the preparation of reports as per company and legal requirements. These reports include but are not limited to analysis of the financial statements with focus on balance sheets with informative business orientated narratives to facilitate proactive action for the management of business risks and opportunities. Responsible for treasury function and prudent handling of cash and investments. Additionally, this role requires specialist knowledge that can inform critical business decisions on company structure, mergers and acquisitions, business model development using financial ratios and principles. The position is responsible for the management of the Accounting Services staff which includes hiring, training, assigning and directing the work flow of the staff.
- Legal entity scope includes all service and trade companies in Europe, Middle East &Africa. This represents approximately 18 legal entities (3 Languages).
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all work produced by general accounting personnel in the area of accounts payable, payroll, miscellaneous accounts receivable, job cost and fixed assets, journal entries and maintenance of general ledger accounts, and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP/IFRS guidelines; accuracy of all tax, payroll and benefits.. .and submittal of payments in compliance with established deadlines; and established internal control practices and procedures.
- Provide direct reports with leadership, direction and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills
- Perform management review and representation activities to attest the accuracy of financial records and compliance with accounting standards and policies
- Prepare and communicate business results and financial reporting packages to various levels of management, clients and sponsors in accordance with established timelines
- Address non-routine financial/accounting issues and implement courses of action to resolve the issues. •Establish, maintain and promote internal controls (e.g., adhere to Chart of Authority, separation of duties, ensure SOX compliance, etc.)
- Ensure all accounting entries and authorizations are in compliance with company policies and GAAP and IFRS
- Fulfill research requests and respond to internal and external inquires.
- Produces monthly financial statements and cash flow. Proactively monitors information for financial issues and communicates problem areas promptly. Ensures monthly journal entries cover monthly and prevents all adjusting entries being delayed until the end of the year. Maintains the chart-of-accounts to ensure effectiveness and efficiency and the integrity of the level of detail.
- Continually search for continuous improvement opportunities to drive productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage communication and interaction with internal stakeholders and partners (BU and Corporate)
- Manage communication and interaction with external stakeholders and partners ( E&Y,…)
- Meet all assigned Service Level metrics.
- Other tasks that may have a direct impact on the provision of best in class base line Accounting Services •Other tasks that may have a direct impact on employee engagement
- Leading a team of 4+ associates.
- The position is responsible for the management of the Accounting Services staff which includes hiring, training, assigning and directing the work flow of the staff.
- Accounting or Finance Degree required PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At 03-05 years’ work experience in progressive equivalent roles with people management experience. International experience is also preferred.
- Additional professional qualifications such as CA or ACCA is preferable
- Fluent in English Language
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, SAP etc
- General Acceptances Accounting Principles knowledge. – Accounting Manager – Tunisia
- Solid communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Acting with Integrity: Maintaining a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical, and organizational values; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer.
- Providing Feedback: Objectively observing, analyzing, and sharing your perception of other people’s performance to reinforce or redirect behavior to improve performance and business results. Providing feedback that is timely, specific behavioral, balanced, and constructive.
- Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a committed member of a team and working with other team members to help complete goals and deliverables.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, or requirements.
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others’ energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others
- Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.