Description de l’emploi
Program Coordinator: Transition and International Politics
The Program Coordinator
Will manage the Program Component: Transition and International Politics at the Heinrich Böll Stiftung North Africa office in Tunisia. Thus assuming responsibility for individual projects, activities and tasks within the framework of this component in Tunisia, Egypt and the Mena Region.
Detailed tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage the program component; review proposals, draft agreements, prepare budgets and monitor expenditure.
- Identify new partner organizations and networks in Tunisia and the MENA region with a focus on Egypt.
- Plan and organize conferences, workshops, seminars, visiting programs or other activities with civil society organizations or political, social and cultural initiatives.
- Monitor and assess activities, participate in events relevant to the assigned tasks in Tunisia and Egypt.
- Provide up to date reports and analysis about on-going political, social and cultural developments in the region, as agreed with the office director.
- Undertake specific literature reviews, policy research and writing assignments and contribute to program planning and reporting documents
- Assist in preparing visiting programs for delegations in Tunisia, including meetings with representatives of governmental institutions and civil society.
- Assist in preparing visiting programs for delegations from Tunisia and the region to Brussels and Berlin in the framework of the program components.
- Contribute to the office home page in Arabic and French, including regular updates.
- Coordinate program activities with hbs colleagues in the offices of the MENA region.
- Advanced university degree in social or political sciences or related fields
- At least two years proven experience in a German Non Governmental Organization N.G.O. and knowledge of German funding procedures
- Five years of relevant work experience and proven familiarity with developments in North Africa/ or the MENA region, program planning, and project implementation in the civil society sector in Tunisia, Egypt, or the MENA region
- Familiarity with gender policies
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic required. Knowledge of French and/or German is an asset. Excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel in the region
The contract of employment will be based on local labor laws in Tunisia.
La date de fin de réception de candidature le 12/01/2015
Les candidatures doivent être déposées ou envoyées au bureau national pour l’emploi des cadres 19 rue du Koweït 1002 Tunis