An international development consulting firm based on Lac II, seeks qualified candidate for the job of Accountant / Part-time contract
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review all accounting records for accuracy and legitimacy.
• Prepare checks, receipts, journals, and other tracking documents, as needed.
• Enter data of all complete payment requests vouchers into field office financial system.
• Review all local financial transactions (e.g. petty cash, subcontract payments, etc.) into project’s accounting system.
• Review timesheets and ensure payroll is completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Maintain and update accounting records and files with appropriate supporting documentation and approvals.
• Ensure that the program’s financial information and supporting documentation are kept confidential.
• Perform weekly cash counts and reconciliations
• Work with external accounting firm to ensure compliance with local financial laws / regulations
• Perform analytical procedures / reviews through pivot tables on financial balances
• Review entries for complete documentation and mathematically accuracy according to company policy.
• Other duties as assigned by Office Manager.
• Advanced studies in relevant field, such as accounting, commerce, or business administration.
• A minimum of three years of accounting experience is required.
• Experience working with Tunisian financial / tax / legal requirements and familiarity with the rules and regulations or international organizations is preferred.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting systems and software applications, including, MS Word, MS Excel and other project databases.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines consistently.
• Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with colleagues, visitors and the general public.
• Fluent English, Arabic and French is required.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and CV to: email@example.com