Description de l’emploi
Four years after the revolution, different minority groups in Libya continue the struggle in attempt to find their rights, to participate in the political process, and to have a voice in the building of Libya’s future. The most basic of these rights is to get the needed information about the Election Day. Elections are a new practice in Libya and they are part of the democratic political process, which all Libyans desire to be a part of. One of the major minority groups in Libya are persons with disabilities. They desire and have the right to join in the political process by making the ballot boxes more accessible. IFES, as part of its program in Libya, has worked during the past elections in assisting The Higher Election Commission “HNEC” in making polling stations accessible to persons with disabilities on Election Day during the past elections that took place in Libya and continues to work with the HNEC and DPOs in this important matter. However, there is a challenge for a specific group of disabled people that as important as the accessibility challenge, which is receiving the information. Unlike other types of disabilities, deaf people struggle to receive information about elections, such as elections day, how to vote, rights and duties as a voter etc… This problem is not to the Election Day, but it lasts during all the electoral cycle for deaf people.
In this context, IFES, as part of its program in Libya, will interfere to help guarantee the basic right to information for deaf people through editing and distributing an electoral lexicon that contains all the must-know words to deliver information to deaf people. Also, IFES will set up a training for sign language interpreters on how to use the lexicon to deliver information to deaf people which will enable them to fairly take part in building Libya`s future.
IFES/CEPPS intends to promote the access to electoral process for Deaf and hard of hearing people, and will recruit one Libyan consultant in order to support and provide assistance to guarantee the following activities:
• Identify the electoral words to be put in the Deaf lexicon about the electoral process
• Conceptualize a manual and a Video for the Lexicon content
• Conduct a TOT for sign language interpreters on the Deaf Lexicon
The training workshop is organized by IFES Libya in Tunis. 2015, and will take place between the 22 of November and the 26 of November 2015.
The Leader Facilitator will work for a period of 20 days in close coordination with the Chief of Party and the Program Officer in order to finalize the above objectives
Tasks and Responsibilities of the consultant:
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Leader Facilitator will support the delivery of results in the following areas and carry out/achieve the following duties:
• Identify, select, and translate to sign language the words and phrases that will be included in the Deaf lexicon
• Conceptualize the Lexicon and the content.
• Conceptualize the video that will contain the sign-language- act of the words and phrases contained in the lexicon
• Facilitate the training of trainers.
PROPOSED ACTIVITIES AND STARTING DATES:
5 days to deliver the workshop Tunis
15 days for conceptualization and realization of the video and lexicon Tunis
Date Timetable * Days
22-26 November Delivery of the training workshop 5
1-30 November Conceptualization and realization of the video and lexicon 15
TOTAL 20 DAYS
• The Video to demonstrate in sign language the words included in the lexican
• The Deaf Lexicon on the electoral process
• Delivery of the TOT training.
The assignment performance period will implemented in November 2015; the contract is for 20 working days, beginning on November 1st, 2015.
Qualifications & requirements
• A Sign Language Certification.
• Previous working experience in Deaf and hard hearing rights in Libya or a similar domain or other qualifying experiences can be proved.
Documents to provide for the recruitment
The Leader Facilitator should provide to IFES Libya Staff the following documents in order to complete the procedures of the recruitment and the signature of the contract:
• Personal CV, highlighting all past experience in similar projects or activities. The CV must contain all contact details of the Candidate (address, e-mail, phone number, Skype contact).
Please send your application to email@example.com before November 9th 2015.