Description de l’emploi
We are looking for a highly qualified professional to serve as a Finance and Administration officer for the Management Unit of a Consortium consisting of four International NGO, including IMC UK, Cesvi, Save the Children Italy and DRC as consortium lead.
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than thirty countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The consortium was recently awarded funding for a programme that aims to strengthen protection and resilience of displaced populations in Libya, including refugees, asylum seekers, migrants, and internally displaced people (IDPs). The programme seeks to enhance access to basic services and develop the capacity of local authorities to manage displacement and migration flows in a protection sensitive manner.
About the job
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Consortium management Unit’s (CMU) financial operations (80%) and administrative needs (20%). This includes financial capacity building of consortium members’ staff; internal programme audit and ensuring overall financial compliance; monthly financial analysis; and production of consolidated financial reports on behalf of consortium. It is anticipated that Implementation will start at the beginning of November 2016.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the preparation and analysis of financial/donor reports
- Manage contract information and project budget
- Quality review of all consortium financial transactions
- Ensure consortium partner compliance with donor regulations and local laws
- Manage CMU expenditure in compliance with DRC procurement and finance procedures
- Manage the allocation and recording of income from donor
- Manage internal and external audits of Consortium project
- Manage CMU administration
- Organize and schedule events
Exigences de l’emploi:
To be successful in this role you must have a University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or other related field, have at least 3 years’ experience working in a similar position, preferably including experience in an internal audit function and in the NGO sector and have good knowledge of internal control.
You should also have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of EU rules and regulations;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
Ideally, you also have fluency in written and spoken Arabic, French and English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 30 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 1st of November 2016 and be willing and able to work in Tunis, Tunisia.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level D1.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the following link:
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 10/09/2016. The interviews are expected to take place in the following week.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Martin Vane at email@example.com
Please note that applications sent directly to Martin Vane will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo