Description de l’emploi
Danish Demining Group/Danish Refugee Council (DDG/DRC) is advertising for a highly qualified, self-motivated Liaison Officer to join the DDG team in Tunisia.
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by vulnerable people affected by conflict and instability all over the world. Danish Demining Group (DDG) is the branch of DRC that focuses on human security programming. DDG strives to identify safety and security needs from the perspective of those living with conflict and to help them find non-violent solutions. These go beyond traditional mine action activities to include Armed Violence Reduction (AVR). AVR programming specifically seeks to engage communities in developing durable solutions to local safety and security challenges.
DRC/DDG has been working in the region in Libya and Tunisia since 2011. In 2014, DDG started a project in southeast Tunisia to address community security and resilience, aiming to improve relationships between communities and security providers and mitigate the risks facing local youth.
With support from the European Commission and Canada, DDG recently entered a new phase of its programming, and is seeking a qualified Liaison Officer to support the projects.
About the position
The aim of the position is to facilitate strategic relationships with relevant national and regional stakeholders, support analysis of trends in national politics and security, and support identification of opportunities for future program development
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with key national and regional government stakeholders, with a particular focus on the Ministry of Interior
- Maintain regular communications with key national and regional stakeholders to ensure cooperative relationships that support effective project implementation
- Support mapping of key stakeholders at the national and regional levels
Analysis of National Trends
- Provide programming staff with regular written and verbal analysis of trends in national politics and security, as well as relevant social and economic developments
- Provide analysis of strategic goals and priorities of key stakeholders
- Contribute to project planning to ensure that programming is aligned with political and security environment
- Gather information that contributes to strategic and informed decisions regarding new programming opportunities for DRC/DDG in Tunisia
- Position the organization in a way that aligns with evolving political and security trends
- Identify funding opportunities for DRC/DDG in Tunisia and in the region more broadly
DDG/DRC will offer the successful applicant a six-month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work 26thSeptember 2016 and be willing and able to work in Tunis with some possible travel.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff under Grade D, Level 4.
Applications close on 30th of August 2016.
Exigences de l’emploi:
To be successful in this role you must have a university degree in social science, political science, or related field, at least 7 years of relevant experience working with the Tunisian government and/or security sector, and at least 3 years of experience working with non-governmental organizations
- High level of integrity and value of community-based change
- Highly diplomatic
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong ability to conduct political analysis
Ideally, you will also have
- Strong ability to build relationships
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, Arabic, and French
Then apply for this position by clicking on the following link:
All applicants must submit a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Britt Sloan firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to Britt will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo